Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Tired of Rumors Starting, Part Trois

Adult Swim will apparently give Saved By The Bell a trial run for the next two weeks. Angry messageboard posters credit corporate meddling for the addition; AS insists it’s just a response to their viewer’s affection for the show. I’m torn on this; on the one hand, it’s Cartoon Network – duh. What’s a sitcom doing on their roster? On the other hand, I just got home at 3am and I’m contemplating a call to Daisey’s 24 Hour Diner…would I rather watch the loveable hijinks of Zak Morris or the high kicks of Dragonball Z? The answer, I think, is obvious.

Meanwhile, Egotastic reports that Fox is courting Joss Whedon to direct Lindsay Lohan in a Sailor Moon live-action feature. I’m not sure how you could make a whole movie out of this series, given the incoherent nature of its premise and plotlines, but if you have to cast an anorexic coke addict in this already cracked out role, I suggest the inimitable Brittany Murphy. She’s got the cartoon crazy-eyes thing down, but with that indispensable dose of chemically induced manic energy. And if you need her to play Lindsay, she’ll do that too. Tsukini-kawatte oshiokiyo! ~Andrea


No comments: